blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Art: Two-headed Llamas & Giant Pink Snails!

borderline femme - women on the verge

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Art: Two-headed Llamas & Giant Pink Snails!

On Friday the 24th I saw Dr. Dolittle at the Pantages. It was my first encounter with this classic story in any medium, and I'm assuming that at 90 minutes I got the shortened version of much longer saga. It was a bizarre little tale that must have been written under the influence of some mind-altering drugs.

My impressions of the production: Tommy Tune was very fun to watch, and also kind of sexy...but I'm weird like that. The best part was the circus number with the two-headed Pushme Pullyu (or vice-versa?) llama. The little kid who played Chi-Chi the monkey can tap dance like a mo-fo. The giant pink french snail named Jacques Pierre really freaked me out.

Also on my Pantages agenda for 2006-- CATS, Les Miserables, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and Little Women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home