blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Movies: Weekend Recap

borderline femme - women on the verge

Monday, February 27, 2006

Movies: Weekend Recap

Because I don't have the time, energy, or self-discipline to create full-fleged reviews, here's a recap of what I saw this weekend.

The United States of Leland - SLOW and predictable, but kept me interested. I generally like Jena Malone's movies, but it's starting to seem like she plays the same character in every one--and that is getting old. Ryan Gosling is hot, but his meek little boy voice was not.


Roll Bounce - I saw this in the theater and rented it again because there's really nothing better than roller skating and disco. This film is my ultimate guilty pleasure, right along with my copy of ABBA and Thank God It's Friday. I also respect Shad Moss (Bow Wow) for choosing a film in which he had to set aside his hip-hop image and wear tight white jeans.


Radio - Mostly it just made me sad. Sad because it was a true story. And sad because Cuba Gooding Jr made Snow Dogs, Boat Trip, and Men of Honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home