blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Shopping, Music, Movies, Whatever and Food!: Medley all over again

borderline femme - women on the verge

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Shopping, Music, Movies, Whatever and Food!: Medley all over again

Sample Sales from Underground Denim

To all my girls who love to shop for good quality brands at awesome prices. Underground Denim has been bringing you this sample sales event in SoCal for years now. This weekend they are invading the OC. I am a fan of online shopping but I must say that this event is very tempting.

Feel free to make RSVP for this event here

Shopping for Audio book at Towerrecords.com

I am also looking to buy audio books so I can listen to them while driving to and from work. I just found out today that Tower records.com started to sell books online.

Silver Lake Film Festival

If you dont have any plan this weekend you should drive up to Silver Lake and check out Silver Lake Film Festival.
What: Nine days of new films, music, art, and parties in Silver Lake and beyond.
Why: Say you saw it when.
When: Mar. 23-31.
Where: See their official site for various events and locations.

Music: Abandoned Pools

I was listening to Yahoo radio while working the other day and I heard one song from an artist that I have never heard of. Abandoned Pools is from Los Angeles and it seems like the lead singer, Tommy Walter, is a one man show. His music is very emo but also very melodic. His sound is more complex than JamisonParker. The sound of a guitar is right up there with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Radiohead. Yes I am refering to Nick Zinner's sound and Radiohead's sound. It is sure going to be the next cd that I will be looking for at Ameoba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home