blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Shopping: What I did today while pretending to work

borderline femme - women on the verge

Friday, March 31, 2006

Shopping: What I did today while pretending to work

Just Traveling Through
One of my favorite web-surfing hobbies while trying to act busy at the office is to make imaginary travel plans. Today I came across Contiki Vacations, a travel agency aimed at 18-35 year olds where you can book tours around the world with other groups of people.

Some may be turned off by the idea of being on a "tour", but I think it would be a relief to know that you are being taken to all the hot spots without having to do all the research-- at least for your first time at an unknown location. Plus, with Contiki the tour is rather open; you can choose to stay with the group for part of the day and then go off on your own for alloted periods of time. Also, I like the idea of traveling with a large group of people. When my husband and I go on vacation, we usually think to ourselves-- this would be so much fun if our friends were here!

The tour that I'm eyeing is called the Ultimate European. 17 countries in 48 days. I don't know about you, but I couldn't plan that itinerary on my own. And for my first time in Europe, I would cover a lot of ground! I think it would be a solid foundation for future travel.

Hurts So Good
I love love love shoes, especially the 4-inch heel variety. I've sacrificed comfort on countless occasions in the name of fashion and some much needed height. With Insolia gel inserts and Foot Petals, maybe now I won't have to! I'm thinking of giving both of these supposed high-heel solutions a try.

Foot petals seem like they would work best for those heels that only get uncomfortable when my foot starts to slip and slide. And they come in the cutest colors!

Insolia looks more like a solution for those heels in which my foot stays put, but at an incredibly painful angle. Perhaps I will finally be able to dust off my Manolo Blahnik mary jane knock-offs from Aldo!

But don't get me wrong, sometimes I'm all about the Audrey Hepburn simplicity of flats, which is why last week I bought this adorable pair of black pointy skimmers at Urban Outfitters.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really did enjoy your page today. Good work Have a great week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home