blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Whatever: Yow either in, or Yow ouwt

borderline femme - women on the verge

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Whatever: Yow either in, or Yow ouwt

Alas, my beloved Project Runway has ended for another season. It is quite possibly one of the best reality shows ever produced. Aside from Heidi Klum’s inability to pronounce her R’s, I love everything about this show—the drama, the fashion, the fabulous gay men.

For the most part I was very satisfied with how the finale went down. I knew that Santino would weasel his way into the final 3, but it was such a relief that he was the first to be cut. Yes, he’s creative and passionate. But he hadn’t shown a decent design since the second episode, and his final collection lacked any hint of cohesiveness. Between Daniel V. and Chloe, I remain torn. It came down to Chloe’s professionalism and well-themed, but limited designs versus Daniel’s creativity and versatile, but unfocused collection. I think they both did well, but I would have leaned toward Daniel because he seems to have more potential in the fashion world. Chloe has practical business ambitions, but I just don’t see her becoming “America’s next big designer.” Her style is too commercial. Either way, I was happy with the result because Daniel got enough exposure to take him very far.

Casting for season three starts this month. I shiver with anticipation.

P.S. Kara's Kimono dress for sale on Bravo's website is so great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home