blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Whatever: Poem of the day

borderline femme - women on the verge

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Whatever: Poem of the day

I have been away from my TV remote control for 2 full days. Yes, me who love to watch CSI reruns on Spike TV over and over. Me, who obsesses with Rachel Ray and her 30 Minutes Meal on the Food Network. Me, who spends almost $90 a month on cable TV bill. I decided to walk to my favorite coffee shop in the neighborhood right after work yesterday and ordered a small size of Mocha Latte and I got slap in the face with the power of little cup of Mocha Latte 8 hours later. I was wild awake in my semi-comfortable bed. I kept looking left/right and pretended that someone was really trying to break in to my apartment. 4 hours later I had to be up and ready for work. Almost 3 hrs later I arrived work. The traffic was mad and I could not believe that I did not have a heart attack on the way here.

I hate LA traffic….

Scanning Defamer and LA Times RSS feeds may qualify as reading the news, but it hardly qualifies as literature. In honor of National Poetry Month, the Knopf Publishing Group sponsors the Poem-a-Day program, sending bona fide verse directly to subscribers' inboxes, daily for the month of April. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Academy of American Poets'-inaugurated month, Knopf is expanding its website to include essays on the craft from authors including Franz Wright and Mary Jo Salter, and favorite poems read aloud by bestselling writers like Toni Morrison. Readers moved by the verse can also decorate desktop in- and outboxes with printer-friendly broadsides or send e-cards to their stanza-starved friends.

Thanks for Flavorpill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home