blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Movies, Music: Brooklyn knows how to party

borderline femme - women on the verge

Monday, June 19, 2006

Movies, Music: Brooklyn knows how to party


This weekend I watched Dave Chappelle's Block Party. It's basically just a documentary about a concert he threw in Brooklyn-- there's not much in the way of comedy from him (if that's what you are expecting). But it's worth watching for the amazing performances. Can I just say, Mos Def is ADORABLE and I love him!!

Jill Scott was probably my favorite-- I wasn't too familiar with her music before seeing the movie, but now she's definitely on my wish list. And as for The Fugees and their big reunion, I have been a huge fan ever since I was 14, so it was great to see them perform again. I don't understand what is up with Lauryn Hill's voice though... Watching the party made me wish I had been invited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home