blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Art: Taking the Jesus Pill and the side effects

borderline femme - women on the verge

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Art: Taking the Jesus Pill and the side effects

I decided to get out of Long Beach and give myself a little treat this week. I finally saw Taking the Jesus Pill last night at the King King in Hollywood. The venue is cute but the event planners were disorganized (and greedy??) because half of the tables there were Reserved which had me asking myself why they sold regular tickets if they planed to have most of the table there Reserved.

Luckily, my thoughtful friend, miss princess, saved a few chairs for us. Warning!! They are really serious about First come First Serve rule. The place small in size and most of the shows there are sold out on most of the nights. So if you are going to see a play or show here, you should be there early and don’t wait till the last minute to get tickets. Despite the lack of organization, the overall venue was sexy and transports you from Hollywood Blvd in year 2006 to Cabaret Bars in the heart of Alabama years earlier.

I have to admit that I enjoyed the play very much. The music was entertaining and the story was provocative and sexy. The storyline was easy to follow, and there were no surprises. The play had many interesting elements, and they were all just working perfectly together. The acting, the special effects, the stage-- and I loved how the audience had interaction with the performers; I thought it was a great idea. What stapled me to the seat for the whole show was the choreography, costumes and the makeup. Each dancer had their own moves and made you just want to become a dancer yourself.

They've added 3 more shows to the King King, so I believe the show is getting recognized, and people appreciate the creativity of these alternative plays. Be warned that it is a fairly anti-bible, anti-Jesus type of show, so if you are religious person, I urge you to stay away. I recommend this play if you want a breath of fresh air.



L’effleur Des Sens was an opening act on the last night for the play. They are this cute little French Cabaret group. I am going back there to the extended August performance so I can see the full show!!




Never enough of odd shopping What am I going to do with this little thing? Display it on my shelves or maybe talk to him on a daily basis? I don’t know. I just know it is so cute and would be cool to own one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home