blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Movies: Keira Knightley is one lucky bitch

borderline femme - women on the verge

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Movies: Keira Knightley is one lucky bitch

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

I waited in line over an hour to see the Pirates sequel on Friday night, and it was worth it. Even though I was surrounded by a bunch of obnoxious teenagers and I suddenly felt like an old lady, the movie was great fun. And as a bonus, I ended up seated next to three fabulous young gay men who kept me entertained until the film began. Of course, I was a HUGE fan of the first movie--having returned to the theater to drool over Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom a whopping 3 times (which is almost unheard of for me these days).

Dead Man's Chest was not entirely on par with the magic of the original...but it was pretty good in it's own way. I have no major complaints--other than being extremely f-ing jealous that Keira got to kiss Johnny...sigh. Pirates are right up there with Vampires when it comes to sex appeal. Also, if you didn't think there was a way to top the special effects of the first movie, the sequel certainly lives up to the task. Davy Jone's sea-creature crew is just as amazing as the cursed skeletons of the Black Pearl.

What's great about this series is the way in which it seems to bring back the adventure genre as I remember it as a kid. Before Pirates, it just seemed as if series like Indiana Jones and Back to the Future would never come along again. I don't know if it's because they make me feel like a kid again, or if I just like the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously. These movies are what make going to the theater fun.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home