blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Rants: Monday Blows

borderline femme - women on the verge

Monday, September 18, 2006

Rants: Monday Blows

Rants

This past week seem like a hectic week for many of us. Poison spinach, nun was mudered by extremists and weather changes all weekend.

Nun who had spent most of her life helping sick people was murdered today by Muslims retalliating for Pope Benedict's remarks about the violent nature of Islam. ( I quickly grabbed from netscape.com)

This new threw me away. Why these cowards keep killing and hurting innocent people who happen to have different faiths and beliefs other than theirs. It even depressed me even more when they destroy lives of good human being over and over and never brought to justice. They need to stop using religion as a mask. It is nothing wrong to be Muslim, Catholic, Christian, Buddist etc..but it is so damn wrong to hide behind the mask and use religion as an accuse to act like a devil and destroy other people lives just because they happen to practice different religion.

Well enough about depress news. I had a good weekend and did several things that push my spirit up a bit. On Friday I watch Wonderfall for the first time and I must say that it is quiet entertaining and I am disppointed that the show is no longer around. If you like sarcastic jokes and talking animal stuffs, you like Wonderfall. The show reminds me a little of Dead Like Me on Showtime but a lot less depressing. Check it out.

Saturday I decided to check out some new places right by my house along with my partners in crime. We went to Que Sera on Saturday night and ended up seeing On Blast performed live. They remind me so much of Postishead, Goldfrapp and Tom from Radiohead. The lead singer has a great voice in a corky way. I have to give him 2 points for having such a haunting voice and split personality. They are having two more shows here in LBC on Sept 24th and 29th. If you like hiphop/electro/pop/rock, you should check them out and maybe show up at their shows.

After the show we headed out to the Red Room but because of the place was overpacked, we did not get in. ( I am sure that there was something to do with coolness...like we are not "cool" and "hipster" enough) We then did not give up and brought our happy faces to the V Room which turned out pretty great. Both of my friends got hit by gay men..Oh la la..I love LBC.

Eat: Bamn! NYC

Since I am heading East in less than 2 months, I have been working on finding places to party, drink, eat, shop and just relax. Bamn! sounds like a place that me and my friends would fit in especially after long night bar hopping and clubbing.

The automat is back, thanks to a group of mostly first-time restaurateurs who recently opened BAMN! on St. Mark’s. Under hot pink and white signs, these new automats dispense inexpensive finger foods like grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs en croute, roast pork buns, and Japanese donuts.” ( I grabbed from Blackbook newsletter)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home