blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Blogging About Blogs: Halloween fun

borderline femme - women on the verge

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Blogging About Blogs: Halloween fun

Knowing beforehand that Neil writes in the fantasy genre, I anticipated that his Halloween post would be fun. The post starts with a photo of himself with a pumpkin. The post also included a link to Neil’s previously mentioned New York Times Halloween piece, which was fun to read. Then he goes on to include another set of questions and answers from fans. The post ends with a YouTube video that I quite enjoyed, although I’m not sure what program it is showing. The clip features actor Tim Curry in some type of Halloween musical television program. It was fun to watch, particularly since I’m a fan of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, another cult classic musical featuring Curry in a costume.

After reading Neil’s blog for one week, I would characterize it as informal and personal, with the style and tone of a non-internet journal. It's evident that Neil makes it a point to post at least once a day. His blog is not as interactive as blogs that allow for unfiltered comments, but it does include a certain level of communication between Neil and the fans he chooses to respond to. In the future, I would probably check in on the blog if there was a particular upcoming project from Neil that I was interested in. I probably wouldn’t read it daily, as the posts are usually short. I think Neil’s blog would be best read about once a week. I would guess that those who read it most often are either die-hard fans or aspiring writers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home