blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Whatever: Anticipating the holidays

borderline femme - women on the verge

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Whatever: Anticipating the holidays

Say what you will-- I LOVE the holidays. This year is even more exciting because I'll be spending them on the east coast, where winter actually exists. Everyone's been telling me how much I'm going to hate the icy weather...but they don't understand how lame it is to spend Christmas day in 90 degree heat.

I'm appreciating the cold weather so far. For example, today I got to wear my new full-length chocolate wool coat to campus...and I heard on the news that LA is currently dealing with record temperatures in the upper 90's... Just think, if I were still on the west coast my coat would never see the light of day.

So back to the holidays...I'm taking my first trip to New York City for Thanksgiving weekend. How exciting is that? Then, for Christmas, my parents are flying out to Boston for a week so I can show them the city. On Christmas day, we'll be heading up to Maine to see my brother and his girlfriend's family. For New Year's, some more of my friends are coming to visit me and check out Boston. And best of all...I'll be on break from the rigors of grad school for 6 glorious weeks.

The holiday countdown has already begun for me. I've got my pumpkin spice coffee, lots of warm weather gear, AND a real fireplace in my apartment. Now I just need to update my iPod with a new Christmas playlist and I'm all set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home