blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Diets don't work. Starvation does.

borderline femme - women on the verge

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Diets don't work. Starvation does.

Just kidding. I'm just bitter because I've been trying to lose weight for what seems like an eternity and eating healthy is not fun. The only time I seem to lose weight is when a) I find myself too busy to eat, or b) I follow a program such as Jenny Craig and eat small amounts of unsatisfying food until I can't stand it. Either way, eventually things must come to an end and I find myself right back to my muffin-top self. Long-term starvation and meal plans just aren't realistic.

This time I'm just trying to make better choices on a daily basis. I just finished some instant vegan tortilla soup for lunch. What's for dessert you ask? Why, a stick of orbitz gum! Joy.

Actually, I'm feeling pretty good about this latest attempt to become a skinny bitch. I've been eating lots of egg whites, whole wheat, almonds, dried fruit, and peanut butter. Also, Kashi protein bars are quite delish. I've tried very hard to find normal food that I actually enjoy. The most difficult part for me is avoiding fast food. So far so good.