blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Sephora product reviews: Kat Von D and Urban Decay

borderline femme - women on the verge

Friday, May 23, 2008

Sephora product reviews: Kat Von D and Urban Decay

Yesterday my Sephora order arrived, and I had to share the fabulosity.

First, unwrapping the Kat Von D eyeshadow palette filled me with the sort of glee Charlie Bucket felt finding the golden ticket in a Wonka bar. I guess I'm a sucker for packing. It came wrapped in tissue paper inside a matte black box. And the compact itself is lovely!

I immediately had to start playing with the colors. The two slim brushes that come with it are great for applying the color in exact areas, such as the brow bone or the inner corner of the eye. Although for richer, broader application I had to use a more traditional eye shadow sponge. The colors are just gorgeous! I especially like the soft sparkly yellow and deep purple.


I also have to mention a second product that I mainly purchased to get free shipping on the order. It was the 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon from Urban Decay.

I'm loving this eyeliner. The color is soft & shimmery and it really does glide on like butter! It goes on like a liquid with the precision of a pencil. I'm planning to buy several more colors in this line.