blog borderline femme - women on the verge: Movies: Kate Beckinsale is dull as toast

borderline femme - women on the verge

Friday, June 23, 2006

Movies: Kate Beckinsale is dull as toast

I watched Underworld: Evolution this week. Now, let me preface my reaction by saying that I somewhat enjoyed the first Underworld...but that's because I'm a sucker for fangs (pun not intended, but funny!). There's nothing sexier than a pale, androgynous Brad Pitt or Stephen Dorff who wants to bite your neck. Vampires are hot, period. Vampire movies, ridiculous as they may be, are usually sexy and fun to watch.

However, I felt a strong revulsion towards this sequel. Partly because I've started to realize what a hack Kate Beckinsale is (I'm still angry over Click, and let's face it Serendipity, Pearl Harbor, and Van Helsing were all steaming piles). So it got me thinking, has this bitch ever made a decent movie or proved herself to be anything other than a somewhat attractive girl with an accent? There's Brokedown Palace, but otherwise NO. She has no personality and her presence in this movie bores me to no end. And really, her costume in the Underworld movies is beyond ridiculous...


Add that to the completely convoluted plot, and by the end I was really just sorry to have wasted my precious time. The only enjoyment I got from this movie was watching Scott Speedman -- yum.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Tasp said…

    Scoot can give me speed anytime man! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home